“The Honors Program provides undergraduate sociology students a rich introduction to the professional life of the discipline. Exceptional sociology students from throughout the country and the world come together for four days and experience all facets of the ASA Annual Meetings. By participating in the Honors Program, students develop long-lasting networks with other aspiring sociologists while their sponsoring departments have a chance to “showcase” their own quality programs and their most outstanding students.
At the 2016 ASA Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA, Honors Program students will:
- Attend a special Honors Program Reception and other events where they interact with other undergraduate sociology students;
- Participate in an Honors Roundtable paper session as well as ASA events including the Welcoming Party, Department Alumni Night, and regular paper sessions and roundtables;
- Learn all about the activities, sections, and governance of the ASA;
- Meet and talk with sociologists representing graduate programs around the country; and
- Attend “Conversations With … ” sessions with prominent sociologists that are reserved for Honors Program students only.”
Deadline to apply- February 16th 2016